Believe it or not, the air inside your homes can be 5 times more polluted than the outside air. With the advancement of industries and an increasing number of vehicles on the road has increased the concentrations of Carbon Monoxide exponentially. CO is a colorless and odorless gas that is produced by burning carbon-based fuels. Carbon monoxide is also produced inside our homes and gets trapped within the air ducts.
The most common source of CO build up in air ducts can be a kitchen and a fireplace. CO is considered as a silent killer as it may go unnoticed for days and months. This high-amount of concentrations of CO inside your homes is proof of hazardous for health. Chronic breathing in the air loaded with CO can damage the lungs and cause difficulty in breathing.
You should hire professionals for carbon monoxide detection. Professionals can also deliver deep and effective cleaning of the air ducts to get rid of carbon monoxide. You can also follow some preventive measures to curb the co buildup in ducts. Follow the instructions mentioned below to prevent poisonous co concentrations in the ducts.
Steps to prevent and avoid Carbon monoxide buildup:
- Step 1: Get all your fuel-burning appliances properly checked by expert technicians. Checked them for proper functioning and carbon monoxide products. These appliances should be fixed asap if they show some malfunctioning or increased CO production.
- Step 2: Follow routine cleaning of the air ducts from time top time. Vacuum duct cleaning will; also help in maintaining the air ducts and keep your air ducts clean. By keeping your air ducts clean you will end up preventing CO buildup. A well-maintained air duct will provide a smooth passage to bad or CO to leave and maintain proper airflow.
- Step 3: Get all your vehicles tested and serviced regularly. Ask the technicians to test for CO production and proper functioning. Don’t run the vehicle ignition inside the garage for long periods. Avoid excessive revving while parking or moving the vehicles from the garage.
- Step 4: Don’t organize barbeques inside closed premises of your homes like halls, dining rooms, kitchen, etc. burning charcoal can produce heavy amounts of carbon monoxide which will get trapped within the ducts. Make sure you organize barbeques or burn charcoals in the backyard, terraces, or open spaces and don’t let the smoke enter the home.
- Step 5: You can also install high graded carbon monoxide detection kits with a big spectrum of CO production. High-quality detection kits will help in detecting even the small traces of CO.
- Step 6: You can also buy and install carbon monoxide buildup alarms to alert you when CO is produced. These alarms will help in alerting you when you are asleep or away from his homes.
As we know that carbon monoxide is poisonous so prolonged exposure to CO can affect our health in many ways. We as a professional duct cleaning service can help in the detection and removal of CO inside the ducts. Highly skilled and trained staff of professional duct cleaners are available here. We utilize all the latest tools and commercial products to keep your ducts clean and well maintained. Hire our duct cleaning Melbourne services at low costs today and let our experts address all the issues linked with dirty ducts.