Condensation on air conditioning duct when you notice droplets of water on and around your A/C ducts, occasional condensation. Nothing to worry about but when the condensation can seen too often it can be something you need to give some attention to.
- Excessive condensation can lead to forming of mold and mildew around the ducts which can later spread in your house.
- Condensation occurs when the air in the ducts is too cool, just as the water droplets can seen on cold water bottles, in the same way, water droplets can be seen on your ducts.
- Other reason for condensation is if there is a crack in your ducts which leads to pouring out of cold air and reduces the productivity of your air conditioner.
- Condensation happens when the surface of the duct is colder than the outside temperature, which makes it a very common problem for people living in humid areas.
How to Prevent Excessive Condensation On A/C Ducts.
- To avoid excessive condensation ducts made of fiberglass for your air conditioners. Avoid ducts made of metal, if your ducts are made of metal then make sure they packed with fiberglass to avoid the water from forming.
- Do not pack your air ducts too tightly with the fiber glass or it won’t stop the problem it applied to solve.
- Keeping check on the humidity level outside of the house and keeping it in control needed. Make sure your ducts are placed apart from each other for the air to pass by them and keep their temperature in check.
- If where you live have a humid climate then its better to get a dehumidifier to keep the surroundings cooler.
- Check for any holes or cracks in your ducts as these can let the air to pass outside. It will also lead to condensation around your ducts. This will also decrease the performance of your air conditioner.
- Get these cracks or holes sealed by a plumbing professional.
- There is a chance that some of your ducts block due to non maintenance. Ducts can block if you avoid cleaning or replacing them every once in a while.
- Cleaning your ducts every few months is recommended. While you should change them every few years for better performance and to avoid excessive condensation problems.
- Blockage in ducts can also lead to clogging of A/C vent as well.
- Cleaning your air conditioner’s filters advised every once in a while. Replacing your air filters become necessary if anyone in your house has dust allergy. Replacement of filters advised in every 3-4 months.
Repairing a leakage is very important, as the more cooler air goes out, the more condensation will be formed. A Duct Cleaning Melbourne professional should only be hired to deal with any leakages.
Leakages can be detected by using a pressure gauge and be treated as soon as possible. To avoid larger problems like foul odours, noisy A/C systems, increased condensation etc.
Previous Article – Questions to ask my duct cleaning company